We are looking for a dependable, hardworking individual to assist on canning runs. The position offers hands-on training and tremendous growth potential for the right candidate.
As an Assistant Operator, you’ll serve an important support role for the Lead Canning Line Operator. Tasks include:
- Unloading and setting up equipment in the morning, as well as breaking down and packing up at day’s end
- Mixing sanitizing chemicals and thoroughly cleaning equipment
- Weighing cans to ensure they contain just the right amount of beer
- Working the depalletizer to provide the canning line with a steady supply of cans throughout the day
- Collaborating with the head operator and brewery staff
- Learning to efficiently and safely operate heavy packaging machinery
Ideal candidates for this position fit the following description:
- Mechanical: Equipment doesn’t always work as it should. As an Assistant Operator, you’ll often need to independently troubleshoot issues and make on-site adjustments/repairs.
- Physically Fit: Mobile canning requires strength, coordination, and endurance. You’ll need to hull 150-lb. pallets of cans, push the 800-lb. canning line into place (it is on wheels), stay on your feet for lengthy 12-hour shifts, and perform countless other physical tasks.
- Flexible Schedule: Every week is different, depending on the breweries scheduled. Long hours and overnight stays are common.
- Hardworking: Pride in your work, self-motivation, attention to detail, and a positive attitude are all essential.
- Beer Knowledge: Home brewing or brewery experience is a plus, as is a general appreciation for great craft beer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of conditions at job sites including loud noise, high and low temperatures and small working areas. Physical demands:
- Ability to continuously stand or walk
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to perform repetitive motion functions in support of canning line operations
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and motor vehicle driving record review
- Ability to travel 4-5 days a week
- Occasional overnights are expected
Iron Heart Canning Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please submit your cover letter, salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.